Thursday, August 23, 2012

What's cookin'?

Hello blogosphere!

I'm still learning how to find the opportunities to do some writing with Miss Annabel in the picture, so forgive me for the delay in blogging.  I hope to write regularly this fall as we settle into the routine of my maternity leave year!

So what have I been cooking?

As mentioned in my previous post, John and I have been working on eating more fresh, local products.  I don't think that we've spent as much time at farmer's markets as we would have liked, but we continue to plan for eventual regular visits to our local producers. Fortunately, there are at least two markets close by that operate year-round, so maybe we'll be able to work those into our regular shopping through the week.

In the meantime, a number of interesting culinary experiences have arisen recently that I hope will be the subjects of future posts.  A significant (but exciting) challenge this summer was cooking two meals a day for nine people while we had family in town for a visit.  We have also been focused on healthier meals and low-sodium options.  There is cooking for Annie on the horizon, as we expect she'll be ready for solid food in the next couple of months.  I have also been working on a short list of things that I wish I knew how to cook.  Poached eggs, for example! 

And there is the ongoing adventure of finding, trying and enjoying delicious recipes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment