Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stocking the Freezer

I have begun to think about the kinds of things with which I would like to stock my freezer in the coming months as WH and I prepare for the impending arrival of our first baby.

A friend of mine gave me a good suggestion the other day to freeze things like sliced banana bread or waffles - the kinds of things that are easy to warm up and easy to eat - in order to have readily available snacks for the inevitable hunger that comes on after nursing (especially in the middle of the night!). 

So I'll definitely be doing that, as well as making some meals that we can freeze and re-heat easily.

Any other suggestions for edible things to have on hand that a new mom may not think of?

1 comment:

  1. We have discovered round here, that the ultimate "no brainer" (i.e. to be cooked when there is no brain activity present) is canned chili, with about twice as much frozen mixed vegetables. Tastes much better than one deserves for so little effort.

    ReplyDelete