Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ingredient of the Week: Beets

I love beets.  But I have never ever cooked them for myself.

Finally this week I bought myself some beets.  My husband is away, so I only had to worry about cooking something that I would think was tasty. I knew I wanted to roast them, but there are so many different ways to end up with roasted beets!

Finally, I found this recipe for Lemon and Garlic Roasted Beets that just sounded so delicious that I couldn't resist it.
 Here we have all of the raw ingredients. Nothing too complicated here, but lots of potential!
 Beets sliced and ready for their dressing before going in the oven.  I post this picture because of the unbelievable colour!  How beautiful!
And here they are, all done, on a plate with some roasted chicken.  I think this plate needs some greens, but the chicken and the beets were both delicious.

The beets were roasted covered in foil, but with a piece of parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray laid on top of the beets.  Any ideas why?

No comments:

Post a Comment