Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Cookies

A friend of mine held a baking exchange yesterday evening for Christmas goodies. Can I just say that I think the idea of a baking exchange for the holidays is brilliant?! Instead of having to cook a whole bunch of different things, which takes both a great deal of time and money, each attendee baked 11 dozen of a favourite treat and then each attendee got one dozen of each kind of treat to take home. Voila! Eleven different kinds of treats for our home for the holidays!

Unfortunately, due to some wicked highway driving conditions in our area, I wasn't able to attend, but I did manage to get my goodies to the party and will be getting my variety of goodies back! Hurray!

Here's the recipe for the cookies that I baked. It is taken from the Company's Coming Cookies book. I doubled it for the party, which worked just fine!
Chocolate Crinkles

1/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
2 c. granulated sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 x 1oz. unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. icing sugar

Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Mix in vanilla and chocolate.

Stir flour, baking powder and salt together. Add and mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls.

Roll balls in icing sugar. Coat well. Arrange on greased baking sheet. Bake in 350F oven for 8-12 minutes. Cookies will be soft. Makes 6 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment