Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dinner for One

I have always had a difficult time cooking just for myself. When I was living alone, I struggled to gather enough initiative or care to cook full meals and I didn't know enough about food or cooking to be able to be interesting or creative in my grocery shopping to create nice meals for myself. This week, my husband is away, so I'm cooking for one again.

But things are better now! For one thing, I have a better stocked pantry, fridge and freezer, so there are more options to work with. For another, my husband and I have consciously cooked new ingredients and new recipes in new ways. So when I look at raw ingredients, I see a lot more options than I did when I was living alone.

Here was tonight's meal: a chicken and veggie (red onion, carrots, broccoli and zucchini) stir fry with pasta that I dressed with a sweet dressing. Not shockingly original, but tasty and colourful. And all four food groups covered!! I also have enough leftovers to have a hot lunch tomorrow!

Now, if I could only convince the cats to do the clean-up...

1 comment: